What is NAD+?
Nicotinamide (nick-o-tin-a-mide) Adenine (ad-a-nine) Dinucleotide (di-nuke-lee-a-tide), or NAD+, is an essential molecule found in every cell of your body. NAD+ is a coenzyme of Vitamin B3 (niacin), which means it is a small helper molecule that binds to a protein molecule in order to activate an enzyme. Responsible for over 5,000 different biochemical reactions throughout the body, enzymes, and NAD+, participate in more reactions than any other vitamin-derived molecule. NAD+ is essentially the building block of a healthy body that the brain, internal organs, and neurological systems need to function at an ideal efficiency.
What Does NAD+ Do?
NAD+ is needed for metabolic functions to take place in all the cells in your body, most importantly, your brain. Research has shown that NAD+ significantly decreases as we age, so replenishing NAD+ levels is extremely beneficial to ensure your body will function at peak levels. NAD+ is involved in the following roles throughout your body:
1. Energy production through ATP: NAD+ acts as an electron transporter during cell metabolism, which helps your cells convert food into energy.
2. DNA Repair: A constant supply of NAD+ is needed for the activation of PARPs, which detect and repair damaged DNA.
3. Gene expression: Sirtuins are a class of proteins that help regulate certain metabolic pathwats and genetic expressions. Sirtuins are NAD-dependant. More sirtuin activity can increase metabolism and cell life, decrease inflammation and prevent neurodegeneration, while improving health and longevity.
4. Cell signaling: Research is showing that both NAD and ATP may alert the immune system when a cell is under stress or if there is inflammation. NAD+ is also released from intercellular space to extracellular space for communication.
5. Enzyme activity: Processes such as metabolizing alcohol and converting lactate to pyruvate in the body use NAD+ and NADH.
Research is showing promise for therapy of sleep disorders and behavioral disorders such as autism.
Why Is NAD+ Important?
A significant Increase in NAD+ levels helps to restore brain functionality. As we age, our NAD+ levels naturally decline. Addiction, depression, stress and illness can also deplete NAD+ levels in our bodies. As a result of NAD+ therapy patients have experienced, increased problem solving ability, focus, concentration, energy, and clarity of mind. Other benefits have been improved mood, decreased anxiety levels, and reduced cravings. Diseases such as alcoholism, addiction, chronic stress, depression and anxiety that damage or destroy the brain have been healed through this revolutionary alternative treatment.
What is NAD+ Therapy
NAD+ Therapy involves a high dose IV Infusion of NAD+ directly into the bloodstream. Using an intravenous (IV) route, allows NAD+ to bypass the digestive system for optimal absorption. NAD+ works rapidly to repair cells throughout the body and neurons in the
brain. When NAD+ levels are increased; cells produce more energy, good genes are “turned on,” DNA is repaired and many other functions are optimized. High doses of NAD+ via IV route, are helpful for many different conditions including:
- Substance Abuse
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Neurodegenerative disorders
At the end of treatment with NAD+ therapy, clients have generally reported the following benefits:
- Increased Energy
- Improved Mood
- Increased Mental Clarity
- Increased Focus and Concentration
- Improved Memory
- Decreased Pain
- Improved Eyesight and Hearing
- Enhanced Sense of Purpose
- Reduced Cravings of Substances
- Minimal to no Withdrawl Symptoms During Treatment
250 mg2 hour infusion*
- NAD+ Anti Aging Protocol
- 250mg / 2 hour infusion
500 mg4 hour infusion*
- NAD+ Neurogenerative Protocol
- 500mg / 4 hour infusion
1000 mg8 hour infusion*
- NAD+ Addiction Protocol
- 1000mg over 7-14 days 4-8 hour infusions
*Infusion Times Vary Depending on Client Tolerance
*Disclaimer – NAD+ qualifies as a supplement under FDA guidelines. Thse statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drig Administration. IV NAD+ therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
For More Information from the FDA Click Here.
Request a Free Consultation Today
Are you a candidate for ketamine infusions? Could IV hydration therapy help you achieve optimal wellbeing? Find out! Request a free consultation with our Southwest Michigan ketamine clinic and IV hydration therapy center and start your journey towards health and hydration today.